(28 July, 2015) Metasequoia 4 (Ver4.5.1) has been released.
(8 July, 2015) Metasequoia 4 (Ver4.5.0) has been released.
(23 Apr, 2015) Metasequoia 4 (Ver4.4.3) has been released.
Metasequoia 4.5 (Ver 4.5.1) (28 July, 2015)
Opensubdiv updates and bone property for PMD has been added, and many bugs have been fixed.
Metasequoia 4 (Ver4.5.0) (8 July, 2015)
Metasequoia 4.5 has been released. The following new features is added.
- High quality rendering by RenderMan
- SVG importer
- and so on. See the release notes for details.
Metasequoia 4.4 (Ver 4.4.3) (23 Apr, 2015)
Problems of FBX export and so on have been fixed in Ver4.4.3.
Metasequoia 4.4 (Ver 4.4.2) (10 Mar, 2015)
Many bugs have been fixed.
Metasequoia 4.4 (Ver 4.4.0) (13 Feb, 2015)
Metasequoia 4.4 has been released. Existing functions are reviewed in this update, and the following changes has been made mainly.
- Improved UV editing drastically
- Add an automatric unwrapping algorithm for artifacts
- Modifying unwrapped result by pins
- Add many operations like lattice, relax, split, stitch and so on
- Mirroring UV for a symmetric object
- Transcript UV between objects (only EX edition)
- Improved spherical weight setting for bones
- Reliability of armature and boolean
We released a 3D modeling software "Metasequoia 4".
Metasequoia 4 provides two editions; Standard edition is suitable for beginners of 3D modeling and professional, and EX edition is suitable for users using other professional 3DCG software and 3D printings.
The following functions are provided newly.
- 64-bit support
- Metasequoia 4 supports 64-bit natively. Over 4GB memories are available for objects, mapping images, undo buffers and so on. You can use both 32-bit edition and 64-bit edition with the same one license.
- Vector based new GUI
- Five "GUI texture"s including white and black are provides. You can select your favorite appearance. All GUI components are displayed by vector drawings, and buttons, icons and so on are displayed beautifully in the high resolution monitors like as IGZO and Retina displays.
- Supporting RenderMan
- You can high-quality rendering by RenderMan with Metasequoia 4.
(*Separately, the installation of RenderMan(Commercial or non-commercial) is required.)
(*In the Standard Edition there is an upper limit to the rendering resolution.)
- UV Edit
- New features, automatic unwrapping of UV and to split of development view, stitch, etc. are added. UV editing is done efficiently.
- Bone and Morph
- Set the [Bone], it can be linked to objects in the deformation of bone. And [Morph] is a function to slide the vertex.You can create such as facial expressions.
- An object modeling along a center line can be made by the Armature.
- N-gon (5 or more points in a face)
- You can make a polygon with 5 or more points. And you can add edges (=divide a face) or erase edges (merge faces) easily.
- Powerful modeling functions
- Make a hole, Bridge, Fillet and so on are added newly, and many existing functions are improved.
- OpenSubdiv; a Pixar's subdivision surface; is now supported. You can set weights for vertices and edges to round them. And, OpenSubdiv produces lesser distorted texture UVs.
- View with a wide range
- Now you can watch and edit in the smaller view than 1mm or the larger one than 1km.
- Unit displays
- You can display the scales with mm/cm/m/km/in/ft units, and input numbers with units.
- Ambient occlusion
- The ambient occlusion makes dark in the secluded part, and bright in the opening part. This results are reserved in the vertex colors, and you can watch the objects from any direction.
- Real-time shadow
- The shadow of the object is displayed in real-time. The projected shadow gives a distance feeling to you.
- Measure a length, an angle and a thickness
- Ray tracing rendering
- Import / Export
- STL, PLY, FBX, COLLADA(DAE) files are supported both importing and exporting. STL and PLY are used for 3D printings and 3D scanning. FBX and COLLADA are used by professional 3DCG software and game development environments like as Unity.
- Q1. How can I purchase Metasequoia?
- A1. You can send the money to me with PayPal. Please see the 'Purchase' page.
- Q2. Can I use Metasequoia or MetasequoiaLE for commercial purposes?
- A2. Yes. You can use Metasequoia and MetasequoiaLE for any purposes included commercial use.
- Q3. Where is Metasequoia for Mac and Linux?
- A3. There is no plan to make a Mac and Linux edition, sorry.